Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Swedish Meatballs - Miss Li and Lykke Li


I was watching some TV this morning before I hit work, and the new iPod Nano 5g commercial came on--I was instantly mesmerized by the background song, life-changingly so. My attention was snagged with something that neither Feist, Jet (poop), Coldplay (guano), U2, Chairlift, CSS, or even Sir Paul could deliver. So I did a lil' research as I am want to do. I uncovered one Miss Li, and boy am I glad I did.



I am aware of the irksome nature of the entire iPod campaign so take that for given while watching, but I'll be goddamned if it hasn't helped Apple sell a couple of those things. Anyway, the song is Bourgeois Shangri-La, and it's like a swing-singer fronting the Sugarcubes, or something like that.

There really must be something in the water over there--with the (somewhat) recent influx of Swedish imports like Peter, Bjorn and John, Jens Lekman, Robyn, Jose Gonzalez etc. at the forefront of everyone's consciousness. However, today it's all about the girls, two Swedish girls to be exact, perhaps relatives? Miss Li and Lykke Li.

If ever a crush was harbored by a boy for an unobtainable girl, Lykke Li is mine. This video's been around for a while, it's the live band version of Breaking It Up.



The song is phenomenal, production inspiring, her dance moves are spastic, and she is hawt as usual. I would douse myself in cod liver oil and steam roll in the nude through a Moroccan tannery just to fondle a ballet slipper she used once when she was 5 (really? creepy...).

No comments:

Post a Comment