Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Anthony Bourdain/Girls


I've decided I'm gonna try to add food to the Intelligator, intermittently, because truthfully music and food are my only two loves in this world.  I just recently had a delicious bowl of pho, and I've worshipped the man for quite some time now, thus I combine the two and give you Tony chowing on some serendipitous pho in Vietnam.


I'm gonna go see Girls and Cass McCombs  tomorrow night at the Bootleg theater which I've never been to.  I love Girls so much...I'm not gonna make the joke...that is amateur hour and I fancy myself a purveyor of high comedy.  They do a bit of an Elvis Costello meets Pavement sort of thing.  Really great songs, and seems like they really care unlike some of their overhyped shitshow lo-fi-slave brethren that shall go unnamed.  They are going to blow up fo sho.  Cass is the shit as well.  All highly recommended listening.

Tonight there's a show at the Troubadour, headlined by LA's (and my) favorite noise-grinder sons, Health, and opening the show is the new Stone's Throw signee, Dam Funk.  Everybody's been raving about this dude and I think his shit is sexy as lace underwear (on a victoria's secret model, not just sitting there inanimately).

No comments:

Post a Comment