Thursday, September 24, 2009

Brel

I've been busy lately, also the internets seem to be devoid of information that pleases me. So to fill that conspicuous gap, here's my all time favorite Jacques Brel video.  Here's a flow chart as to what Jacques is to music...

Jacques Brel > Scott Walker > Bowie, Bryan Ferry, Eno, Nick Cave etc. > Music as we know it

That's an oversimplification, but not too far from the truth.



I also went to see Blind Boy Paxton on Monday night.  Very cool, extremely authentic old timey music, I expected nothing less.   A great unique unexpected twist was the "DJ" set in between sets.  They literally pulled out two crazy old turntables and started spinning old timey 7"'s, crossfading and everything (with microphones of course).  Oh yeah and he's not actually blind, but I ain't mad atcha'!

No comments:

Post a Comment