Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Preliminary SXSW Lineup Announced and Other Things...


Hello Fanatics,

The preliminary SXSW 2010 Lineup has been officially announced.  I will be attending for the first time.  Take a look at that and I'll tell you later who of that list you should know, and who you should hope fades into obscurity.

And unless you like to wear your sphincter as a hat, you know tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends, and a wretched pisspot of a putrified fuck to all of my enemies.  

Friends, as a bonus I've recently come into knowledge of a scene based in San Francisco that LA's own late great Gold Standard Labs helped provide many a record for.  I bought a record a few years ago by a band called The Weegs that you've never heard of and was just checking in on them.  They are a bizarre band rooted in No Wave and a few too many spins of The Residents.  Anyway, their records are put out by a label called Hungry Eye Records.    The scene is death rock, and it's got that kind of Gothy Bauhaus, Birthday Party, Christian Death thing going on that I just can't get enough of.

Bands to check out:
-The Bellmer Dolls (opened for Grinderman apparently in San Francisco and were produced/loved by Jim Sclavunos of the Bad Seeds and G-man)

Well I've done my homework...time to do yours.  And uh...you know happy thanksgiving and whatnot.  Be sure and go check out Slang Chickens with Mini Mansions and Rumspringa this Saturday at the Unknown Theater if you're in LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment